Community Friendly Services
The City of Danville Fire Department understands the importance of providing services in addition to those that everyone associates with the fire, rescue, and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) services provided to our community. We strive to offer additional services that provide valuable information and interaction between our members and the citizens, businesses, and visitors that we serve. We have chosen to refer to these services and programs as "Community Friendly Services." We perform a variety of these friendly services at little or no cost to the community.
Feel free to contact us by calling 859-238-1211, Monday through Friday between the business hours of 8 am and 5 pm and we will be glad to provide assistance.
View a list of the services we provide and information about each service:
- After the Fire Assistance Program: Provides information and support services to victims of serious fires; includes information on next steps with dealing with the aftermath of a serious fire; includes resource booklet to assist citizens.
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs): Defibrillators are placed on all first due fire units, many rapid response staff vehicles, and public buildings; are on cardiac arrest patients prior to EMS and/or advanced life support units arriving on scene; provides quicker immediately-needed care to cardiac arrest victims.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring: Free blood pressure checks on-demand at any Fire Station.
- Business Emergency Planning Assistance: Program to assist businesses in planning for emergencies and being able to reduce business interruption during and after a disaster or major emergency.
- Campus and Student Fire Safety
- Fall Prevention Program: Program to provide free safety inspections to identify potential trip/fall hazards in the home and strategies to eliminate them; another aspect of the program helps identify equipment needs and referrals for professional assistance.
- Fire Extinguisher Training: Hands-on classes provided upon request to train adults in the proper use of portable fire extinguishers (cost of extinguisher refills only). Call Fire Marshal Doug Simpson at 859-326-1729 for more details.
- Fire Station Tours: Age-appropriate tours of Neighborhood Fire Stations, apparatus and equipment, can be tailored to specific requests.
- Fire Truck Visits: Visits to display fire trucks and equipment or demonstrate skills for public information and educational purposes.
- Free Smoke Detector Program and Smoke Detector Battery Replacement: Firefighters install smoke detectors and/or batteries in homes that otherwise could not afford them or where occupants are not physically capable of installing them, call to make a request.
- Hydraulic Engineering and Hydrant Flow Testing: Firefighters test all of the fire hydrants on a bi-annual basis to ensure the hydrants are working and to gather water flow and pressure data. The fire department can provide ten years of data as well as the most current data. View more information on hydrant testing.
- Infant and Child-seat Installation and Education: Free child safety seat inspections and instruction on proper installation are provided at various fire stations and special events; information on the proper use of restraint systems for children; information on product alerts/recalls affecting children safety seats. Proper installation requires a certified technician; therefore, we ask that you please contact the fire department business office at 859-238-1211 to schedule an appointment for installation.
- Juvenile Fire-setter Education: An age-appropriate, structured educational program designed to help children caught in inappropriate behavior with fire learn about its dangers and proper use; requires participation in multiple sessions; involves both the child and the parent.
- Pet CPR and First Aid: Firefighters are trained in Feline and Canine CPR and First Aid.
- Safety Training: Several fire personnel are trained in providing OSHA Safety Training and can assist your organization in staying compliant. Please call 859-238-1211
- Special Event Standby: The department stands by at several special events every year upon request. Please Call Deputy Chief Mike Mulholland at 859-326-1729 to make arrangements for your event.